Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11 ... Life 101

As I sit here this Sunday evening reflecting on gratitude, I have to be honest and say I'm having a hard time. I don't know if it's vacation brain, or work brain refusing to get on board, which ever, there is a certain sense of melancholy today, a sluggishness, how can I be so tired after a holiday? I mean come on.

This is my 101th post. Imagine that. I'm proud of that. Proud of the consistency. Proud of the perseverance. And yes, there are times like today that I struggle. I don't feel I have anything "good" to say, anything meaningful. How can that be?

And it's at those times I think of my wise teacher Mia. In her feedback to me about my writing here said, it's not always about the big moments, the big emotions, it can be about a favourite blouse, or something that brought a smile to your face. And this I can respond to...

This morning when I got up, after a truly perfect night sleep - 11 pm to 7 am and not one wake up (how on earth can I be struggling for something to be grateful for!!! Maybe it's just a memory issue???) I got up first and had a moment or two alone while making my coffee. I stared out my kitchen window, looking at the world. In the time we were away, the trees have all started budding, there is a lovely green blush to the mass of trees out back, it's beautiful. My Spring garden is growing strong and holy cow even my Clematises are blooming! I felt very grateful for all that, to have noticed, to have taken the time to step out back and enjoy.

Well there you go - and you know what, I feel better now than I did when I started writing a few moments ago! So gratitude begets gratitude.

Thank you teacher for the many lessons you have handed to me... I am always grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment