Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4 - It's simple....

Good morning. It's the first day back to work. End of the loveliest of little holidays. We relaxed, enjoyed, met with family, ate and drank, and relaxed. Yes I know I said that twice.

This morning coming down into the kitchen, I saw the snow out back. We had a pretty major storm yesterday and the back area with it's fences and pine trees looks pristine and beautiful. As I looked I thought hmmm, there is something to be grateful for, is that what I might post on my blog?

I then came into the dining room. Said good morning to Honey. He seemed excited to be getting back to business. It seemed we both were. I'm looking forward to my clients. Hmmmm, I thought ... there is something else to be grateful for, is that what I might post on my blog?

As I walked Honey to the door, and saw all the cars jam packed in the snow, I thought boy am I glad my office is a short 20 minute walk away! Hmmm, there is something to be grateful for...

And I have to share... it's a nice feeling inside, something shifts, when you pay attention to what to be grateful for. It's like that exercise that tells you to keep a smile pasted on your face for 10 minutes and that doing so will change your mood. It would seem that paying attention to what to be grateful for leaves you feeling ... well, grateful.

It's simple. I'm grateful.

Happy day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment