Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17... Let's Play!

So first of all, my sincere apologies for yesterday's post. Even more so for not returning to it to let you know that hey, whaddya know, the day turned out lovely - yes, of course, for which I am very grateful. Thanks to Honey for his perseverance and his much needed attention!

Alrighty, and here we are, a new day.

But first back to last night. We had dinner with my best clay buddy. She is a potter who makes lovely, delicate objects both on the wheel and through hand building. Christiane is a retired college professor who has become a full time potter. She works hard going to different exhibits and "shows" and is really proud of her work. She established a group that have their own atelier on the South Shore, another thing she is very proud of - "Her" atelier. I am really happy for her. You see the excitement in her when she talks about her ideas, what she wants to do, the forms and themes of the next piece of work she plans to undertake. Yay Cri Cri!

So she has invited me to come and work in the studio every other weekend. When she extended this invitation it seemed like a door was opening for me. I have been really missing the creative side of my life - but always feel too involved in other stuff. I know that's not good. I know I "should" make time for that. But geez, it's hard. Yet here it is.. the perfect timing, the perfect rhythm, the perfect place and people... It's just delicious to be excited!!!

I'm grateful for my friendship with Christiane. I'm grateful that my soul will be nourished, again, by the act of creating with clay. I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity to get dirty again!! Let's throw!

No comments:

Post a Comment