Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16 ...

Geez, I woke up in such a crabby mood this morning. I'm agitated, restless, Honey is getting on my nerves - and simply by virtue of being Honey. Not good. So I reflect - isn't the practice of gratitude a way out of a mood like that? I don't know.

With a heart full of sincerity, I'm still very grateful for home and hearth, my livelihood, my, our, health. I'm grateful I have a laptop to plunk on while listening to Stewart McLean. I'm grateful I can peruse books of Ireland and plan a trip; yesterday's post still fresh in my mind, and the headlines today no better than yesterday. I am grateful.

And I'm crabby. Is it possible that mood and gratitude have nothing to do with each other? Here I thought gratitude might be a panacea for all that ails me when it ails me.. and turns out maybe not. Not a reason to not be grateful ... just seems a little conflicting is all..

Can I be grateful for being crabby? How and why would that work?

Ok.. I feel like this is going nowhere... so for now - my gratitude as stated above stands... as does my crabbiness.

Let's see what the day brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment