Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26 .... It's hooooooot

All righty. I will now begin a rant about the weather. It's way over 30 Celsius, its near 40 with the humidity, and we discovered our air conditioning was broken - yesterday. Repairman dude came today, sweat like a pig whilst on the roof (poor guy) ... and said "I'll be back soon" ... my reply? "Nooooooo you can't leeeeaaavve! Please!" ... and there he went. I don't do well with heat and humidity, it doesn't mix nicely with arthritic issues (assuming that's what the issues are). So I'm cranky, miserable, in pain, sweaty, baah...

And then the rain broke and the thunder crashed and the monsoon began. We hurried to carry our dinner back into the house, hurried to clear the table - not get caught in the down pour. And then that smell, the summer rain smell. It's sweet and warm that smell. It's comforting. It's Winnetou.... it's home. I don't feel so bad anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment