Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 29... a prayer for mother earth..

I am deeply dismayed, worried, scared shitless about the disaster playing out in the Gulf Coast. I don't know if praying helps - but I'm praying, a lot.  And today, BP says that they are stopping the latest effort because that too isn't working. In the meantime millions of animals are dieing, landscapes are being forever changed, ruined, extinguished.  We are managing as a species to obliterate ourselves. Isn't that amazing? Hard to find gratitude in this situation.

Yet I do, I choose to. My gratitude is a deep thank you and appreciation for the experiences I have had in relation to mother earth. Obviously Winnetou Lake, the Rockies, my garden, the water that I drink, the birds I heard on my cycle today, (I thought passing by a flock of them, how fortunate they were not to be oil soaked and dieing - even if their habitat has turned into a highway) the blessed ocean that I have met a number of times... I am so sorry that we have ruined you. Am I being dramatic? You know what, I don't think so, not anymore.

This has to get fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment